With BackupSheep, you can schedule automatic snapshots and snapshot lifecycle policy for DigitalOcean servers and volume without writing code. To connect your DigitalOcean account you need to use your DigitalOcean API keys.
The automated snapshots created by BackupSheep stay within your DigitalOcean account, and they are the same as if you make a manual snapshot.
Cloud hosting providers don't allow the export of snapshots.
BackupSheep doesn't charge you anything for storage used by snapshots because they are stored with your DigitalOcean account. DigitalOcean will charge you a storage fee for snapshots.
Please follow the steps below to configure DigitalOcean snapshot automation. If you have any questions then please reach out to live chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Switch to the team account to which you want to connect:
2. Goto API page:
3. Click on Generate New Token button:
4. Generate token using the following settings:
Make sure the expiration is set to no expiry and the write option is enabled
5. Copy the generated token (it won't be shown again):
6. Goto Integrations page in your BackupSheep account and open the DigitalOcean integrations page:
7. Click on Setup DigitalOcean Integration:
8. Add your access token in the API Key field:
The name can be anything and choose the endpoint.
The endpoint is a server which makes API calls to trigger snapshots. You can choose an endpoint depending on your regional data handling policies.
9. Now you can link your server or volume nodes:
Click on Create Server Node to link your DigitalOcean servers or Create Volume Node to link your DigitalOcean volumes.