With BackupSheep, you can schedule automatic snapshots and snapshot lifecycle policy for Hetzner servers without writing code.
To connect your DigitalOcean account you need to use your Hetzner API Token.
The automated snapshots created by BackupSheep stay within your Hetzner account, and they are the same as if you make a manual snapshot.
Hetzner doesn't allow the export of snapshots.
BackupSheep doesn't charge you anything for storage used by snapshots because they are stored with your Hetzner account. Hetzner will charge you a storage fee for snapshots.
You can only automate snapshots for Hetzner Cloud servers. Volume snapshots are not supported.
Your Hetzner Cloud project may have a snapshot limit of 30, so configure your schedule accordingly. You can ask Hetzner to increase this limit for your project.
Please follow the steps below to configure Hetzner snapshot automation. If you have any questions then please reach out to live chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Select the Hetzner Project you want to connect to:
2. Goto security page from left menu:
3. Goto API Tokens tab:
4. Click on Generate API token:
Make sure the Read & Write option is selected
5. Copy the generated token (it won't be shown again):
6. Goto Integrations page in your BackupSheep account and open the Hetzner integrations page:
7. Click on Setup Hetzner Integration:
8. Add your API token in the API Key field:
9. Now you can link your server nodes:
Click on Create Server Node to link Hetzner servers. Volume snapshots are not supported because Hetzner doesn't provide APIs to trigger volume snapshots.